i'm doing a residency at the edinburgh sculpture workshop. got here 6 days ago. beautiful new building. amazing people and suddenly, blue skies after 4 days of pouring rain. now there's stunning landscape and light. the photo above was taken about a 10 min walk from where i'm staying. wah!
here are some highlights from the last few days:
- cries of sea gulls overhead heard first thing in the morning, every morning
- smells of the sea
- saw a
rat mouse under the sink
- took an amazing walk in the rain
- ate cake for lunch
- made sourdough bread
- computer died
- made some little drawings
- borrowed a computer from some very generous friends (through some amazing tweeting to get the thing delivered over here)
- realized that the fringe festival is a trade show
- walked to the pier and saw people catching mackerel
- saw this performance at 10:30am in the morning (which was fun, i recommend it if you are here at the fringe)
what's with the cake here? i've never seen/eaten so much cake. i've been offered cake at lunchtime; cake at dinnertime; this morning at the 10.30am performance, the crew was offering scones with butter and jam to audience members before the show. i took one look at that massive lump of dough and thought, "euuh," and had some strong tea instead.
as you can see, everything is going well. even having no computer for a few days was (slightly distressing, but ultimately) refreshing. no distractions. really what a residency should be. looking forward to 2 more weeks. aaaahhhhhh.
oh, and here's me making clichéd stick art, and then doing my best imitation of the stick art that i made.